Dec 4, 2008

Stupid Hotel Internets

My horrid luck with uploading photos onto local computers continues, so until I find a way to rectify that situation I will leave you with a photo you're sure to enjoy.



Now for a brief update:

Siem Reap
Absolutely fantastic. If my flight out had been cancelled and I had been stranded another week or so, I would have been quite happy. The people were incredibly warm and friendly, the town was a lot of fun with a great, laid-back vibe, and of course the temples at Angkor were spectacular. Much more so than words or pictures could ever convey.

Saigon

Not a fan. Had a nice evening swapping stories with John from Brisbane and his Thai wife Don at the bar down the street from my hotel, but I'm glad I didn't spend more than a night.

Hoi An

Early reviews are very positive. I flew into Da Nang without a hotel reservation and drove into town with a couple of fun guys from Denmark. The driver recommended a small place just outside of the Old Town, and it was a good choice. This is the place to visit if you want custom-tailored garments; I may buy a suit or two while in town (although as a Club Fed employee, that may not be the most efficient use of resources...). More importantly, it's a beautiful little town, right near the beach, with mountains and significant historical ruins nearby. And it's a great food town.

I'm thinking 3 nights here, maybe get a dive in, then a night or 2 in Hanoi before doing an overnight boat trip in Halong Bay. By that time, hopefully the Thai situaion will have been cleared up and I'll hit that on the back end (that's what he said).

2 comments:

SuperMilkChan said...

Dude. I totally thought that was you mustachio'ed again. And maybe a little MS Paint-ed. A little. ;)

Sorry the pics are un-uploadable, but glad to hear the trip is otherwise going smoooothly!

Miss you even more than usual after my spaz attack yesterday (see your http://ctkrod.blogspot.com/2007/08/side-notes-from-weekend-in-lou.html)


P.S. Stay away from the Danes. They are an unpredictable hotbed of spontaneous Euro Trance dancing.

Anonymous said...

Be wary of Hill Giants and Shambing Mounds.

Miles