Nov 28, 2008

Greetings from Kuala Lumpur

My flight to BKK was indeed canceled. Thankfully, I was able to swap flights and hotel rooms at no cost.

I'd love to tell you all about KL, but I'm afraid I haven't seen much of it yet. I spent most of the day yesterday sleeping off a ridiculous hangover. Thursday night was one of the more surreal nights of my life - I won't go into detail, but the key ingredients were a middle-aged Japanese businessman named "Teddy", hours of karaoke, an 80-lb. prostitute, and copious amounts of scotch.

I'm going to pick up my original itinerary beginning in Siem Reap, Cambodia, where I'll meet up with my friend Todd to explore Angkor for a few days. This morning's flight was full, so I'm heading out early tomorrow morning. I just checked out of my hotel, will spend the day exploring KL, and then spend the night at an airport hotel.

One final Tokyo note - the Tsukiji fish market is a sight to behold, as long as you're able to avoid being run over by various trucks, scooters, and the ubiquitous motorized dollies maneuvered by what appear to be beer kegs with steering wheels. Sushi at 5:30 AM? Oh yes. And one of the best meals I've ever had.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Sounds like you will be flexible whether you want to or not. I am so jealous!

The main mosque is nice in KL, but so are the Petronas towers. Stay away from the main bus station, yuck.

-J

Anonymous said...

"Thursday night was one of the more surreal nights of my life"--very mysterious...excellent.
mb

Darth Roker said...

I hope you paid the prostitute to sing Hello Dolly... and then showed her what makes America great!

Ubermilf said...

Was Mr. Donut involved?

Darth Roker said...

I want to clarify my statement, by saying "show her what makes America great," I meant sing "She Think My Tractor's Sexy."